[asterisk-dev] (ASTERISK-19336) h exten is not run in the context that calls a AEL macro

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Tue Mar 6 11:59:29 CST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Johan Wilfer <lists at jttech.se> wrote:
> 2012-02-29 21:47, Tilghman Lesher skrev:

>>> Wow! Thank you!
>>> It looks very thought through.
>>>
>>> This is a tool to create very powerful ael dialplans.

>>> I would really like to have this included in a release-branch so I can
>>> upgrade from 1.4 to 1.8/10 without applying patches.
>>> It's a matter of view if this lost functionality is a bug or a feature I
>>> guess.
>> That's definitely the issue:  is this a bug or a new feature?
>
> I've spent some more time thinking about this. My opinion is that it's a
> bug, and we should fix it in 1.8 and 10.
> Can someone open ASTERISK-19336 so I can upload a patch for the ael
> parser later?

The code is now there on reviewboard, with the AEL code generation.  It was
bugging me over the weekend, so I sat down at 3am and figured out how to
generate the code.  While the STACK_PEEK function has been tested to
verify functionality, and while the code generates as designed, I have not
otherwise tested the bubble-up functionality, so this part of it does need to
be tested before I can commit it.

> Or speak out if this is not a bug, so I can drop this...

Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller?

-Tilghman