[asterisk-dev] Max. number of callgroups/pickupgroups in Asterisk 1.8.x

Walter Doekes walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl
Tue Mar 6 05:58:42 CST 2012

> what is currently the max. number of call-/pickupgroups in Asterisk
> 1.8.x? Is it still limited to 63 or was it increased/made configureable?
>
> I ported the following Patch to Asterisk 1.4.20 and it worked great:
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16640
>
> But we are looking to evaluate an upgrade to Asterisk 1.8, but couldn't
> find more information on that, just two comments in the reviewboard how
> to handle this fix in 1.8.

I believe this patch was stalled. See the comments at:

https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/466/

It was never committed because of negative feedback about the choice of
implementation.

If you want it in 1.8, you'll have to patch it yourself. Even if this
patch did make it to asterisk, it'd be committed to trunk (i.e. no
sooner than Asterisk 11).

Regards,
Walter