[asterisk-dev] RTP/SDP for using unknown codecs

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Mar 1 06:48:44 CST 2012

On 03/01/2012 05:03 AM, Beñat Urteaga wrote:

> Is there something missing? Must I add anything else at the
> configuration files?
>
> Or the internal_sample_rate has nothing to do with the audio codec?

Correct. The internal sample rate is what ConfBridge uses to mix the
signed linear audio streams it is handed.

> Then, how is the payload type/codec negotiation done?

Via configuration of the channel driver that you are using for the
endpoints, in this case, sip.conf for chan_sip. You will need to enable
'slin32' for the endpoints you are using.

--
Kevin P. Fleming