[asterisk-dev] Permit/deny with negation patch

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Fri Jun 29 09:23:31 CDT 2012

Matthew Jordan wrote:
> [...]

My opinion is that this should go into 1.8, 10, and trunk. You could argue that it's not technically a bug, but it is definitely a partially implemented feature that I would say almost certainly doesn't work as intended (as much as the actual intent was probably overlooked) with realtime. Numerous documents about setting up realtime (for SIP peers for instance) are available which tell people to include permit/deny in their realtime database setups in spite of the fact that they aren't really useful as-is.

More importantly, the behavioral change won't have any impact on systems that are currently configured since it just adds new characters to separate and negate with. I don't see any likelihood for this patch to be at all disruptive.

Also the stuff I'm doing with named ACLs in Asterisk 11 will provide another work around for this anyway, so just putting it into Asterisk 11 has limited benefit.  I'd even go as far as to say using a comma separated list of named ACLs is a preferable way to handle this to using a permit field with multiple entries and inversion.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer