[asterisk-dev] Permit/deny with negation patch

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Jun 28 18:52:45 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

<snip>

> >> So seeing no objection, we'll make this a security issue and patch
> >> 1.4, right? Bueller? Bueller?
> >>
> >> -Tilghman

<snip>

> > For me, I use permit/deny from a database but I have my data
> > returned
> > back in specific orders so I have expected results every time.
> >
> > I would call it a "new security feature", which... depending on how
> > badly people want it, might make sense to put into 1.4.
> >
> > No doubt it will sure make writing the permit/deny rules much
> > easier
> > when configured from a db though.
>
> My vote is to treat it as a security vulnerability of 'low' severity
> and
> merge it into 1.4 and later release branches.

Resurrecting this discussion one more time...

We're at a good time to get this feature put into Asterisk, if everyone
agrees that this can be viewed as a resolution to a low-risk security
vulnerability.  If so, this feature will go into Asterisk 1.8+.

Otherwise, it can be committed to Asterisk trunk (11).

My inclination is to go with Kevin's suggestion at this point - does anyone
have any objections?

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer