[asterisk-dev] Named ACLs - Use Cases (request for review/commentary)

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Wed Jun 13 12:06:56 CDT 2012

Greetings asterisk-dev, I've been prototyping a feature that is a candidate for
Asterisk 11 called Named ACLs based somewhat on an Astricon proposal by Olle E.
Johansson and John Todd which could most simply be described as a system for
defining ACL profiles to be used and shared among various consumers in
Asterisk. Matt Jordan and I have been working on creating an Asterisk Wiki page
to define the use cases for this system so that we could better establish the
goals of this project and hopefully get some commentary to see if they sync up
with the expectations of involved developers.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Named+ACLs

Goals for the initial implementation are described in the section
Use Cases - Initial Implementation

Goals for reaching feature completeness with Olle's original proposal are in
Use Cases - Dynamic Named ACL Updating

Please let us know if there is anything you feel should be included in this
list of use cases that isn't already there or if any other changes need to be
made.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer