[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 Feature Freeze Reminder

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sat Jun 2 16:58:40 CDT 2012

Hello Asterisk Developer Community:

As you may (or may not!) be aware, the feature freeze deadline for Asterisk 11
is fast approaching.  Per the description of the Asterisk versions on the public
Asterisk wiki (available at
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions), the feature
freeze deadline is slated for July 15th (the third Wednesday of July).  Careful
reviewers of that wiki page will note that this announcement *should* have come
out on the third Wednesday of May - sorry for the belated announcement!

After feature freeze, the Asterisk 11 branch will be created, and trunk will
continue on with new features for what will eventually become Asterisk 12.  Once
 the Asterisk 11branch is created, no new features will be incorporated into
that version, and we will begin to prepare the branch for a beta release.

While there may be some flexibility in that exact date, our goal would certainly
be to hit it, so please be sure to have all of your features reviewed on
Review Board and committed by that date.

Thanks again for your continued support of the Asterisk project!

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer