[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Capacity

Kannan vasdeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 05:23:16 CDT 2012

Hi List,

I am looking at configuring Asterisk as a SIP server fronted with SER SIP
Registrar in a single hardware. If you look at the Asterisk, on one side it
handles SIP clients and on the other side it connects to a PSTN gateway
over SIP trunk/s. I have few questions.

1. Can we consider this setup as a SIP B2BUA system?
2. I am planning to use HP DL 380 | Dual Quad Core Processor of 2.5GHz |
8GB RAM. What is the maximum number of concurrent calls and calls/sec
achievable by this hardware configuration? Please assume that all the other
factors are provided sufficiently.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Kannan.