[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] file: trunk r369858 - /trunk/main/stun.c

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Jul 10 11:34:26 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 07/10/2012 11:19 AM, Joshua Colp wrote:
> >
> > The only time the legacy STUN code is used in this fashion is when
> > the Google Jingle or Google Talk protocol is in use. This should
> > only be used when talking to an actual Google Talk client, not
> > when communicating with another Asterisk. For communicating with
> > Asterisk the official Jingle protocol is used which uses the
> > pjnath provided ICE/STUN/TURN support.
>
> OK, so the risk is if any *new* code is introduced which attempts to
> use
> the legacy STUN code in this way. That should be caught during code
> review, though :-)

Personally I consider the legacy STUN code off limits for any new code that needs to use STUN in a serious fashion. It is nowhere near complete and is not up to date. I'm sure there are subtle edge cases where it is useful (well, Google Talk being one... er... not so subtle... you know what I mean) with its limited functionality but otherwise nope.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Architect