[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8.11-cert4, 1.8.13.1, 10.5.2, 10.5.2-digiumphones Now Available (Security Release)

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Thu Jul 5 21:07:09 CDT 2012

On 12-07-05 04:00 PM, Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> The Asterisk Development Team has announced security releases for Certified
> Asterisk 1.8.11 and Asterisk 1.8 and 10. The available security releases are
> released as versions 1.8.11-cert4, 1.8.13.1, 10.5.2, and 10.5.2-digiumphones.
>
> These releases are available for immediate download at
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases
>
> The release of Asterisk 1.8.11-cert4, 1.8.13.1, 10.5.2, and 10.5.2-digiumphones
> resolve the following two issues:
>
> * If Asterisk sends a re-invite and an endpoint responds to the re-invite with
>    a provisional response but never sends a final response, then the SIP dialog
>    structure is never freed and the RTP ports for the call are never released. If
>    an attacker has the ability to place a call, they could create a denial of
>    service by using all available RTP ports.
>
> * If a single voicemail account is manipulated by two parties simultaneously,
>    a condition can occur where memory is freed twice causing a crash.
>
> These issues and their resolution are described in the security advisories.
>
> For more information about the details of these vulnerabilities, please read
> security advisories AST-2012-010 and AST-2012-011, which were released at the
> same time as this announcement.
>
> For a full list of changes in the current releases, please see the ChangeLogs:
>
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/certified-asterisk/releases/ChangeLog-1.8.11-cert4
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/ChangeLog-1.8.13.1
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/ChangeLog-10.5.2
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/ChangeLog-10.5.2-digiumphones
>
> The security advisories are available at:
>
>   * http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/security/AST-2012-010.pdf
>   * http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/security/AST-2012-011.pdf
>
> Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!

I've noticed last few security releases the ChangeLog entries have
changed from:

* Asterisk 1.8.2.4 Released.

* AST-2011-002: Multiple array overflow and crash vulnerabilities in
   UDPTL code

* Asterisk 10.5.2 Released.

* AST-2012-010

* AST-2012-011

Can we go back to adding the summary?  Makes the ChangeLog not useful if
we don't say what has changed.  Bonus points if we also include the JIRA
issue number too, like the other commits.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)