[asterisk-dev] Debian Lenny and res_fax_spandsp

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 13 14:31:37 CST 2012

> > This was trunk, but asterisk 10 has the same code.

> > Source: spandsp
> > Version: 0.0.5~pre4-1
> > Depends: libspandsp1 (= 0.0.5~pre4-1), libtiff4-dev, libjpeg62-dev
> >   This is a low-level signal processing library that
> modulate and demodulate
> >   signals commonly used in telephony, such as the "noise"
> generated by a
> >   fax modem or DTMF touchpad.
> >
> Ideally yes.  What version of asterisk is this?  If you have
> not done so, create a new issue in JIRA.

This was really a heads up that with res_fax_spandsp selected Asterisk trunk
(and probably Asterisk 10) now won't compile on Debian Lenny, with the
packages available from Debian, and without manually installing a new
version of spandsp.

I guess I shouldn't have been able to select res_fax_spandsp in menuselect,
only should I have been able to select it version of spandsp was late
enough.

I can create a JIRA issue, but thought I'd check first.

Alec