[asterisk-dev] Debian Lenny and res_fax_spandsp

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jan 13 09:47:22 CST 2012

On 01/13/2012 09:38 AM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On 12-01-12 10:59 PM, Alec Davis wrote:
>> This compile error doesn't worry me, I'll upgrade to squeeze.
>>
>> But should we still be supporting old distributions, that are still in
>> their
>> own maintenance window.
>>
>> This was trunk, but asterisk 10 has the same code.
>>
>> [LD] res_fax.o -> res_fax.so
>> [CC] res_fax_spandsp.c -> res_fax_spandsp.o
>> res_fax_spandsp.c: In function âspandsp_v21_newâ:
>> res_fax_spandsp.c:468: error: âMODEM_CONNECT_TONES_FAX_CED_OR_PREAMBLEâ
>> undeclared (first use in this function)
>> res_fax_spandsp.c:468: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
>> only
>> once
>> res_fax_spandsp.c:468: error: for each function it appears in.)
>>
>> I haven't manually replaced libspandsp-dev, so the old version was as
>> below.
>>
>> Package: libspandsp-dev
>> This is a low-level signal processing library that modulate and
>> demodulate
>> signals commonly used in telephony, such as the "noise" generated by a
>> fax modem or DTMF touchpad.
>>
> Ideally yes. What version of asterisk is this? If you have not done so,
> create a new issue in JIRA.

This is the new V.21 preamble detection code that is looking for this
Spandsp feature; I did not realize that it had only recently been added
to Spandsp.

In order to fix this, we'll need to determine in which version of
Spandsp this feature appeared, or if there was a different feature in
older versions that could be used instead.

--
Kevin P. Fleming