[asterisk-dev] dynamic span only

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Thu Jan 12 11:41:13 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:26:04AM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> On 01/12/2012 10:10 AM, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> >
> >without the -t flag it shows the same, but is then killed:
> >BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000050
> >IP: [<ffffffffa03067d1>] dahdi_sysfs_add_device+0x21/0x60 [dahdi]
> >
> >at this point module usage shows all 3 as used
>
> Then you've found a bug; you can report it on the issue tracker if
> you like, or you can try tracking it down and post here what you
> find for others to help you.

Yes, the problem is that dahdi_dynamic spans don't have a physical
parent device (like all the physical cards do). That is the source
of the NULL pointer dereference you posted above.

In looking at DAHLIN-274 [1] "dahdi_dummy fails to compile" I am in
the process of allowing "parentless" dahdi_devices to be added which
is also needed for the dynamic_spans.  I'll reply to this thread
when I've updated that issue with something for you to try.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/DAHLIN-274

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer