[asterisk-dev] dynamic span only

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 12 09:22:10 CST 2012

On 01/12/2012 09:04 AM, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> Hi list,
>   for testing purposes i would like to create SS7 setup without DAHDI
> hardware, but with only dynamic eth or local span(s). The problem is that i
> get kernel oops on "/etc/init.d/dahdi start" (dereferencing null pointer).
> I discovered that dahdi_dummy module is not loaded (hence no timing
> device), because it is just missing. In dahdi_linux trunk the module is
> commented out and never build. If manually enabled the module does not
> compile.
>
>   Any way to setup dynamic spans only installation or when dahdi_dummy will
> be fixed?

Since you did not supply a DAHDI version number, I'll assume you are
referring to 2.6 or 2.5; in those releases, dahdi_dummy is gone, because
its functionality has been combined into the core DAHDI module. There is
*always* a DAHDI timing source present if the DAHDI core module is
loaded, so lack of a timing source is not the cause of your problem.

--
Kevin P. Fleming