[asterisk-dev] menuselect removed from dahdi-tools [was: dahdi to upstream?]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jan 8 12:52:39 CST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 11:30:15AM -0600, Shaun Ruffell wrote:

> Before I would broach the subject again with those who have final
> say I would like to see a few technical issues resolved:
>
> 1) DAHDI Linux and Tools needs to switch to git as the primary
> interface for the entire community.

One minor issue with building dahdi-tools in git was the usage of
svn:externals to get menuselect. As it turns out, the heavy-lifting of
menuselect does not provide much more required functionality.

Thus as of rev. 10411[1], dahdi-tools (trunk) no longer uses menuselect.
I replaced its dependencies with simple hard-wired tests in the
Makefile. It is simple enough. There are a number of ways to implement
selection of utilities. For now you'll have to override BINS in the
Makefile one way or the other. e.g.:

  make BINS=dahdi_cfg

or manually edit the Makefile.

I can implement something in autoconf or in the Makefile. What do you
think?

There was an issue reprted[2] by some Gentoo users that the detection of
autoconf doesn't work well. I guess those will have to be fixed[3].

[1] http://svnview.digium.com/svn/dahdi?view=revision&revision=10411
[2] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2011-January/047674.html
[3] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/DAHTOOL-57

--