[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] tilghman: trunk r355413 - in /trunk: ./ addons/ codecs/ configs/ funcs/ inclu...

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Tue Feb 14 15:59:24 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Jamuel Starkey <jamuel at hcvoip.com> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 12:27 PM, SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
>> This change permits each verbose destination (consoles, logger) to have its
>> own concept of what the verbosity level is.  The big feature here is that
>> the logger will now be able to capture a particular verbosity level without
>> condemning each console to need to suffer that level of verbosity.
>> Additionally, a stray 'core set verbose' will no longer change what will go
>> to the log.
>
> Any chance we can consider this previous behavior a bug so this can get back ported?  :)

You can consider it whatever you like, but because it changes the
protocol between the core and remote consoles (even though it's an
unpublished API), it is not a candidate for backporting into a
released branch.  The only exception to that policy is security, and I
doubt any convincing case can be made on that front.