[asterisk-dev] incorrect handling of UPDATE response with canreinvite=update

Pietro Bertera pietro at bertera.it
Wed Feb 8 08:37:47 CST 2012

Hello,

when asterisk refreshing SIP timers sends an UPDATE (X-asterisk-Info:
SIP re-invite (Session-Timers) )
(I'm using canreinvite=update in chan_sip.conf) and the phone replay
with SIP/2.0 481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist
Asterisk continue in resending UPDATE and doesn't dear down the
previous allocated channel.

this little chan_sip.c patch correct this behavior:
http://www.bertera.it/software/asterisk-stuff/asterisk-1.8.9.1-UPDATE-reinvite.patch

I don't know if the better place of channel destruction code is inside
the handle_response_update()

Best regards,
--
Bertera Pietro