[asterisk-dev] HylaFax Protocol Implementation

Wolfgang Pichler wpichler at yosd.at
Tue Feb 7 01:46:27 CST 2012

Hi Steve,

i have had some problems with the real hylafax server - it crashed my
whole server from time to time while sending documents with more than
1 page - the crash was not reproducible - and - the complet system was
taken down. It was a vmware machine - and i had no chance to get a
console to it to see the last breath of the kernel... so no idea how
to solve it. That was the initial reason to try to write an
replacement for hylafax. Because other system do rely on the hylafax
file structure - i decided to keep it nearly in sync...

The other point is - that hylafax is not really multi domain cabable -
and i am hosting a virtual pbx system here - so it would be nice to
have this feature out of the box...

On the other hand - i now do see how much work there still is pending
- to get this thing to work like a charm. And i have now done a new
satelite system - which does only handle hylafax and t38modem - and
this system does now work without crashes any more. So if there is not
that much respond to my mail - it will also end without ever finishing
it.

Why did you startet an implementation sometimes ?

Is the ahafxd implementation from you ?

br,
Wolfgang