[asterisk-dev] Proposed changes to Asterisk release and support cycles

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Thu Feb 2 17:08:05 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----

The proposed changes sound reasonable.  My only concern would be with having an additional branch in regards to the speed at which bugs could be taken care of.  In the past when we had more than three branches being maintained, I observed a slow down in the ability to get bugs fixed since now there were several different versions that had to be addressed increasing the amount of time involved with triage, patches and commiting the fixes.

Hopefully, with the focus on stable LTS releases and all the testing being done now will result in this not being an issue.

Michael Young
(elguero)