[asterisk-dev] Dahdi driver - transmit/receive documentation

Luke Clifton luke.clifton at atamo.com.au
Thu Feb 2 01:29:28 CST 2012

Hi,

I've been working on writing a dahdi driver for a while now, and have
gotten to the point where I need to actually get the data into dahdi. I
have mostly been going of the code examples found with the dahdi driver
source code, but am still confused as to the exact process of getting my
channel data into asterisk.

I have assigned 31 channels to my span. Each channel has their channo
and chanpos set to 1 through 31.

I have registered the span, and typing 'dahdi show channels' in the
asterisk console allows me to see that they are all up.

I have seen the dahdi_transmit() and dahdi_receive() functions which I
believe do what I want, but I can't be sure.

I think the detail that is eluding me is, what are the [s]readchunk and
[s]writechunk members of the dahdi channel struct? Do I have to
allocate memory for them, or do I simple point chan.readchunk to
chan.sreadchunk?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, or show me where the ever
elusive dahdi documentation lies, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Luke