[asterisk-dev] new addon module

Sean Kelly keenskelly at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:07:06 CST 2012

Do you mean the "apps" directory? I don't show an "addon" directory in my
installation.

 Here's an example of how we modified our apps/Makefile by appending this
to the end of the file:

app_ourapp.so: app_ourapp.o ourdir/ourapp_file1.o ourdir/ourapp_file2.o
        $(CC) $(SOLINK) -o $@ $^ -lexternallibraryweneeded

Note that we did not need to make any changes to menuselect to get our
application module running. By default Makefile already finds *.c in the
apps directory and you don't need to do anything to make it build yours if
you're using just a single source file. We needed to modify the Makefile
because we have multiple source files inside apps/ourdir (ourapp_file1.c
and ourapp_file2.c) and we needed to dynamically link to an outside library
for all the symbols to resolve. As you can see, you may need something
entirely different from someone else, so it's not straightforward to simply
write "instructions on how to change the Makefile"... hopefully this gives
you some ideas to play around with tough.

Regards,
- Sean