[asterisk-dev] SIP Stack - Update

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Wed Dec 19 15:40:17 CST 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> If someone would like to create a common packaging source that services
> all three distros, that'd be great. At this time, Digium is not going to
> spend engineering resources on that effort. We have an interest in
> making packages for CentOS, as AsteriskNOW uses that distro. If someone
> else wants to take on the effort of unifying those packages I'd be more
> than willing to communicate and work with them on that, but we do not
> have the resources to do that at this time.

That common source is EPEL.  I think Paul is suggesting that doing the
packaging work there should be the same amount of effort, and likely less
in the long run since you would have more help and someone else is managing
all of the infrastructure required for building and distributing packages.
 Seems like a win win to me ...

--
Russell Bryant