[asterisk-dev] Realtime testers needed - Path header support (Oolong branch)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Dec 7 04:07:09 CST 2012

Friends,

I have taken Klaus Darillion's patch for Path header support in Asterisk and created branches for 1.4, 1.8 and trunk. I need help testing it with realtime support by someone who are more used to the realtime databases than I am. I also need help completing the LDAP schemas with the new attribute.

General testing is also encouraged.

I have been using this patch without realtime for a couple of months. So far no Squirrels where hurt in the progress. And no bugs hit me in the back.

Read more about the patch here:
http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/oej/oolong-path-support-trunk/README.oolong-path-support

Klaus' original review:
https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/991/

The SIP Path header support is documented in RFC 3327 (that has a strange title).

Basically, this is used when you have a proxy between a phone and your Asterisk. Asterisk needs to remember the path to the device when sending an INVITE, so we save both the contact and the path (basically a route) to the phone when Asterisk receives a REGISTER. When sending an INVITE (or anything based on the registry) a route header is added and the message finds the proper way to the device.

Path header support exists in the path module in Kamailio if you want to test.
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.3.x/modules_k/path.html

Looking forward to your feedback!

/O