[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 12 API improvements

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Dec 4 09:14:59 CST 2012

On 12/04/2012 12:57 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> 4 dec 2012 kl. 04:31 skrev David M. Lee <dlee at digium.com
> <mailto:dlee at digium.com>>:
>
> For clarification: I did not say anything about the current AMI
> permissions. I just said what's been missing in AMI (and many parts of
> Asterisk) is a partitioning system connected to the authorization, so
> that one can do multihosting.
>
> This affects many parts of the design of a new API and should be there
> from start. I think Tilghman's proposal of tags is a good one, and is
> similar to what we've done to hack the AMI. My originate setvar and
> Tilghman's channel variable event filters work hand in hand to add some
> sort of "group" or "partition" concept to AMI. This is not something one
> can add afterwards, I strongly feel it needs to be in the design specs
> from start.

It feels like this should be part of the stasis-core specification,
which isn't as fully fleshed out yet as the stasis-http specification.
The first step in the path forward for stasis-core is to refactor the
AMI event subsystem to be a more generic mechanism for raising events
within Asterisk; as Tilghman pointed out, this could include added
information during message creation.  The benefit here is that adding it
to the stasis-core specification allows any module built on top of it
can take advantage of it.  This means not only stasis-http, but AMI can
also take advantage of the metadata.

(If this ends up getting confusing, we may end up needing a name other
than stasis-core)

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager