[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 won't compile?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Mon Dec 3 23:18:25 CST 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Shaun Ruffell <sruffell at digium.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 09:00:00AM -0500, Jonathan Rose wrote:
>>
>> This is a known problem and the Asterisk developers are aware of
>> it. I'm pretty sure some sort of action has been scheduled to fix
>> it if it isn't actively being worked on already. For now, it's
>> recommended that you build without using parallel building at
>> least until the pjproject stuff is finished compiling.
>
> I believe parallel building in general was fixed in Asterisk 11 svn
> in revision 372609 [1] "Fix parallel make for res_asterisk_rtp."
>
> [1] http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk?view=revision&revision=372609
>
> I've only seen the "ccar" error that Dan reported a single time. I
> would encourage everyone on the beta to build in parallel and report
> any problems you might encounter so they can be fixed.

I found the place where the problem occurred.  I do agree that
parallel build is likely the culprit, but the offending file is
res/pjproject/build/cc-auto.mak, and the specific problem is the 'echo
$(CC) | sed 's/gcc//' in aconfigure.  If you change the pattern to
's/g?cc//', the problem disappears.

-Tilghman