[asterisk-dev] Need to run an AGI from dialplan only upon call hold

Lenz Emilitri lenz.loway at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 02:05:00 CDT 2012

We developed something along these lines as a general solution that would
not be linked to a specific channel types. This was needed as it would be
very useful in call-center scenarios to keep track of channel holds done by
agents, and as QueueMetrics implements this functionality, we would have
liked to offer a general solution that could be of interest in many cases.

You can find it at https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19319 -
it was not accepted into the main trunk as it may be quite dangerous as it
allows arbitrary code execution on a single thread, but if you are careful
and you know what you are doing, it basically works.

So, as there is an actual need out there for something along these lines,
if anybody has a better implementation idea, it would be great to share it
:)

Thanks
l.

Loway - home of QueueMetrics - http://queuemetrics.com