[asterisk-dev] IAX support for SIP URI as called number

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Thu Aug 30 15:13:41 CDT 2012

Matthew Jordan wrote:
> chan_iax2 able to parse a SIP URI, you'll probably want to
> look at using the parsing routines in reqresp_parser, rather
> than rolling anything new.

I needed that as a heads up, wondered if something already existed.

> That being said, it sounds like there's no reason why the
> CALLED NUMBER can't be any dial string ("URI in any other
> format" is rather vague) - so this may not have to be SIP specific.

My use case was sip, but agree.

IAX unrelated, but distributed queue releated:
I also envision that ISDN SUBADDRESS could also be implemented, to deliver
high quality queue calls over the ISDN, but the remote device state is over
the 'not so reliable' internet.
member => DAHDI/G0/09123456:SIP/cisco1,0,Test User,SIP/cisco1

Alec Davis