[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 configuration files

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Thu Aug 30 11:19:48 CDT 2012

On Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:48:26, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Paul Belanger
> <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:
>> For me, I like "module name == config file name convention" that russellb
>> proposed.  Others like dropping the res_ / chan_ / app_ from the filename.
>> Do we vote for them or just fight at the bike racks?  I'd also like to get
>> more feed back from asterisk users and implementers. Perhaps a post to
>> asterisk-users mailing list is in order.
>
> That doesn't solve the problem of one module with many configuration
> files.  You sound like you want to go ahead with an incomplete (or at
> least, insufficient) proposal, and that's a problem.  Any proposal for
> this issue needs to accomodate modules having multiple configuration
> files, or it isn't a complete and workable solution.

I'd lean towards dropping the res_ / chan_ / app_ prefixes and if a
module needs multiple configuration files then append different
suffixes.

If there are common reasons for needing more that one config file
perhaps having recommended suffixes would be useful too.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh