[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 configuration files

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Aug 27 17:50:55 CDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 01:10:53PM -0400, Andrew Latham wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Matthew  Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

Configuration files are an important part of the interface. Please don't
rename them unless you have a very good reason. Think of the poor user
upgrading a system, when suddenly things fail silently, because chan_sip
does not find its configuration file.

A configuration file with an unexpected name is even worse. Suppose
someone manages to set the config for chan_sip to be iax.conf or
users.conf.

Please provide a system that is easy to write a configuration interface
to without having to invoke Asterisk itself for the parsing.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com