[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 configuration files

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Aug 27 12:05:42 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'm well aware of app_minivm and minivm.conf.sample.  Simply dropping the
'res_' or 'app_' seems to miss the point that Leif and others were shooting for.

<quote>
Lets come up with a standard for filenames, and switch everything over
to using it. I think I would actually prefer things to be motif.conf,
dahdi.conf, voicemail.conf, corosync.conf, etc... than to match up with
the module name.
<quote>

It sounded as if folks were intending that configuration file names
should mirror the functionality, and not the name of the module.
The point is that going to that model - which is certainly simpler and
more intuitive - has drawbacks.  That's all.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager