[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 configuration files

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Aug 24 09:15:00 CDT 2012

On 08/24/2012 09:11 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Paul Belanger
> <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:
>> I'm slowly starting to testing Asterisk 11 and noticed something about our
>> new modules config file names:
>>
>> chan_motif.so -> motif.conf
>>
>> and
>>
>> res_corosync.so -> res_corosync.conf
>> res_xmpp.so -> xmpp.conf
>>
>> When chan_dahdi was rewritten we moved to chan_dahdi.conf. Should we do the
>> same for chan_motif -> chan_motif.conf?
>>
>> Same for res_xmpp, we should move it to res_xmpp.conf.  This would line up
>> with the majority of resource modules config file names.  Like we did for
>> res_corosync.conf.
>>
>> Thoughts?
> +1 from me.  I like the module name == config file name convention and
> think all new modules with config files should follow it.

+1 from me as well. I hate having to remember if the file name is
"queue.conf" or "queues.conf" or something like that. If the
configuration file name matches the module name, it's incredibly easy to
get things correct.

Since 11 is in beta still, I'd be fine with modifying the chan_motif and
res_xmpp this way.