[asterisk-dev] Provider requires Delay between OK and ReINVITE

John R. Covert covert at covert.org
Thu Aug 23 12:00:46 CDT 2012

Thanks for the info about the nocdr option on Answer.  While it's
not relevant in this case (these calls are all on incoming trunks,
so I can't prevent false charging by simply not starting the local
CDR), the option could be useful in the future, but only in the
case of calls where I'm doing the billing.

I still object to giving the caller a false answer condition,
though, as it can affect retries by a device, etc.

But it's good to know about options.

/john

Mark Michelson <mmichelson at digium.com> wrote:

I'm not sure which version of Asterisk you're using, but in 1.8, the
Answer() dialplan app takes two arguments. One is a delay and the other
is an option to not answer the CDR. Both of these seem like things you
could make use of in your situation.

Answer(500,nocdr)

If you do that, then Asterisk will answer the incoming call, wait 500
milliseconds, and will not mark the CDR as answered yet. This can be
useful if you're going to be making an outbound call to someone else.
When that outbound call is answered, then the CDR should get marked as
answered.

You may want to experiment with this to be sure that the CDR gets marked
correctly when using the "nocdr" option for Answer() and that the 500 ms
doesn't cause a jarring "blip" in the ringing audio sent to the caller.

Mark Michelson