[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] jrose: branch 1.8 r371337 - /branches/1.8/channels/chan_sip.c

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Aug 16 11:45:19 CDT 2012

16 aug 2012 kl. 18:35 skrev Jonathan Rose:

> [...]
Which I think should change. :-)
That we have no documentation today is no excuse not to write it, is it?

We do update the SSRC too often in a call and need to agree on when this should be used.
I haven't been able to track it and the documentation of these control frames
was missing, so I think they've been misused for any change related to
media.

> There is a short description of every control frame type
> in frame.h, and for SRCCHANGE, it says:
>
> /*!< Media source has changed and requires a new RTP SSRC */
>
> I don't know what a broad effort to document when any given
> control frame is necessary would entail at the moment. I
> imagine it would be rather large since there are tons of
> control frames and many more places where they can be
> queued.
>
> Yes, this is related to SDP ssrc. With Directmedia, Asterisk needs
> to send reinvites indicating new addresses for phones to send
> RTP to the connected endpoints in a dialog. Asterisk gets these
> addresses from the SDP in the relevant message which triggers
> directmedia.

I guess I know what Directmedia means... But thanks for the
explanation.

/O