[asterisk-dev] Multiple Contacts in 302 Message

Andaleeb Roomy andaleebcse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 06:15:59 CDT 2012

Hi,

I have a question regarding multiple contacts in received 302 message
against INVITEs.

When my Asterisk tries to send out an INVITE, it gets a 302 response,
redirecting the call to other (multiple) contacts.
This 302 message has multiple contacts with q-values in its Contact header,
like the following:
Contact: <sip:alice at ip1:5060>;q=0.6,<sip:bob at ip2:5060>;q=0.4

My question is, does Asterisk try all the contacts according to the
q-values? Or does it try only the first contact in the list?

Thanks,

Andaleeb Roomy