[asterisk-dev] Set and get Information Elements (IE)

Yves A. yves030 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 15 03:53:05 CDT 2012

Am 14.08.2012 16:47, schrieb Richard Mudgett:
>> I have two asterisks connected via PRI. (Current Version is 1.8 and
>> the
>> card is a Digium TE410 using DAHDI)
>> The objective is to pass Meta-information with the call. When I take
>> look at Q.SIG, EUROISDN / DSS1 and so on
>> there is the possibility for using "userfields" e.g. UUS1. All these
>> information are protocolled as Information Elements.
>> When I trace the ISDN Communication (pri intense debug...) I can see
>> und
>> understand some "standard" IEs.
>> Is it possible (and if, how) to set and get the standard / my own IEs
>> for transferring (very little / some bytes) of
>> binary extra information during the dial / call-setup? I cannot use
>> the
>> callerid to transmit this information..
> You cannot get/set arbitrary IEs with Asterisk/libpri.  The closest you
> can get with the current architecture is the user-user IE.  Support for
> it is normally conditionaled out and it is setup for null terminated strings
> instead of arbitrary binary data.  You might also consider passing this
> information as a subaddress if you control both sides.
>
> Richard

Hello Richard,

thanks for your answer.  Can you tell me, how to use / control / set /
get the subadress ?
Do I understand the specs right, that the subaddress may be 20 chars
long and may be
alphanumeric ? This would be an option..

Same applies for user-user-IE... I already mentioned this IE in my first
post, but I absolutely
don´t know how to set and get this IE... What do you mean with "normally
conditionaled out"?

Thank you,
Yves