[asterisk-dev] Set and get Information Elements (IE)

Yves A. yves030 at gmx.de
Tue Aug 14 04:49:05 CDT 2012

Hello list,

I have two asterisks connected via PRI. (Current Version is 1.8 and the
card is a Digium TE410 using DAHDI)
The objective is to pass Meta-information with the call. When I take a
look at Q.SIG, EUROISDN / DSS1 and so on
there is the possibility for using "userfields" e.g. UUS1. All these
information are protocolled as Information Elements.
When I trace the ISDN Communication (pri intense debug...) I can see und
understand some "standard" IEs.
Is it possible (and if, how) to set and get the standard / my own IEs
for transferring (very little / some bytes) of
binary extra information during the dial / call-setup? I cannot use the
callerid to transmit this information..

thanks in advance for any hint.
yves