[asterisk-dev] Persistent SIP Subscriptions

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Aug 7 07:45:35 CDT 2012

7 aug 2012 kl. 13:29 skrev Kevin P. Fleming:

> On 08/07/2012 06:06 AM, Wolfgang Pichler wrote:
>
>> Is there any special about the sip subscriptions - so that they are
>> not persistent - or is it just that no one has requested it and done
>> it ?
>
> This could certainly be done. There is one possible area of complication, in that a SIP subscription is related to some resource (and its current state), so when the subscription is restored the resource would need to be located and its state queried.

I think we have those checks in the code that handles dialplan reload.

It could be done and should be done :-)

We could also send termination notify's when Asterisk is shutting down gracefully in order to force the clients to resubscribe. If asterisk crashes, that won't happen though, so a persistent solution would be a good thing.

/O