[asterisk-dev] [Code Review]: chan_sip: [general] maxforwards, not checked for a value greater than 255

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Thu Apr 26 12:47:52 CDT 2012

On 12-04-26 12:23 PM, Terry Wilson wrote:
>> One thing I like about OpenStack development, their CI tool (jenkins)
>> and review tool (gerrit) is responsible for committing the actual
>> patch
>> once it has been properly reviewed.  Having a bot responsible for
>> commits allow greater flexibility for automation to do something like
>> this.
>>
>> I think the current thought process is, hey I have a ship it, must
>> commit ASAP so I don't have to do it later.  Having a bot do it, we
>> can
>> introduce time frames for the commit to happen at a later point in
>> time.
>
> It seems like it would be difficult to have a bot do commits when they would have to be merged to multiple branches, and the merges aren't always clean.

I believe they work around that by having multiple reviews for each
branch. Basically, when ever a new patch is upload to their reviewing
tool, the CI will actually go forward and compile the latest code with
the new patch.  If successful, meaning it was merged properly and
compiled, the CI will update the review tool and indicate the patch was
applied cleanly.  Checking off a step in the review process.

--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer