[asterisk-dev] Asterisk RTP Jitter Buffer and DAHDI Channels

Fernando Berretta fernando.berretta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:27:07 CDT 2012

Hi Everybody,

We recently had some problems with some SIP/PSTN gateways have not
properly implemented RTP Jitter buffer, and as work around, we have
forced a Jitter buffer in Asterisk and all worked ok.. but with extra
delay of course.  This situation have maked us think about all possible
problems related with common RTP Jitter Buffer and how Asterisk handle
Jitter Buffer when it is working as a SIP/PSTN gateway through DAHDI
Channels. Could some one there please let me know if asterisk / dahdi
,by default, do something about Jitter Buffer with calls which comes
from VoIP Network and goes to PSTN through Asterisk acting as a gateway

Any clarification will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Fernando