[asterisk-dev] Feature Request: Linkedid field too short.. (may be ; ))

Pablo Ruiz pablo.ruiz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:06:24 CDT 2012

Hello,

I've been asked to move this feature request to this mailing list instead
of using issue tracker. So, here I go...

Normally I tend to set systemname to the server's hostname, which makes
asterisk generate uniqueids like hostname-XXXXXXX. Something which helps
tracing calls, specially on multi-node setups. However, we've found that
this is a problem as it provokes duplicated linkedid entries on our CDRs,
which is caused by the fact that the internal linkedid field used by
asterisk is 32 chars, while uniqueid is 150. (See:
http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/trunk/cdr_8h-source.html#l00124)

This 32 chars limit on linkedid make forces asterisk to truncate them when
systemname is long enough (~20 chars).. Is there any reason not to extend
linkedid length to at least 150 chars like uniqueid?

As said I created a feat. request (
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19766<https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19766?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=192083#comment-192083>),
but looks like this is a better place to discuss this matter..  Opinions? ;)

Regards
Pablo