[asterisk-dev] [T.38 gateway] [irroot t38gateway-1.8 branch] I can receive faxes with t38 gateway, but send fails

Niccolò Belli darkbasic at linuxsystems.it
Thu Apr 12 14:23:29 CDT 2012

Hi,
I had the very same problem with some earlier t38 gw patches and it
isn't still fixed in current irroot's t38gateway-1.8 branch.

I can receive faxes without problems, but I didn't succeed to send a
single page: every time it fails before even starting to send something.
My provider is Eutelia but I had the very same problems with another
provider.

sip.conf:
[general]
t38pt_udptl=yes,redundancy,maxdatagram=400
[...]

[eutelia]
[...]
t38pt_udptl=yes,fec,maxdatagram=400
setvar=FAXOPT(gateway)=yes

extensions.conf:
[faxes]
exten => <number>,1,Set(FAXOPT(gateway)=yes)
same => n,Dial(SIP/eutelia/${EXTEN},${DIALTIME})
same => n,Hangup()

[eutelia-in]
exten => <number>,1,Answer()
same => n,Wait(2)
[...]
same => n,Hangup()

exten => fax,1,Dial(DAHDI/11,${DIALTIME})
same => n,Hangup()

Here are the logs (with and without sip debug) and pcap dumps when I
receive and when I send a fax with t38 gateway:
http://files.linuxsystems.it/temp/2012-04/t38/

P.S.
I just noticed I have redundancy in [general]'s t38pt_udptl and fec in
[eutelia]'s, but since I had the very same problem with previous patches
(and I tried every kind of t38pt_udptl in the past) I don't think this
is the problem.

Cheers,
Niccolò