[asterisk-dev] AstriCon 2011 Developer Days - Topics Requested

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Sep 29 09:00:16 CDT 2011

On 27/09/11 11:09 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Won't be able to make it. Will it be recorded? Asterisk clustering may
> be interesting?

I guess the real question would be, "What does that mean?".

Clustering means a lot of different things to different people. The one
thing I'd be interested in with regards to that area, is distributing
the information in Queue() across multiple systems so call order can be
maintained across multiple systems.

We already have many of the tools for the delivery aspects in terms of
distributed device state (so you know the state of the agents across
multiple nodes), but it's still a 1:1 relationship when it comes to
controlling the callers being handled by the Queue().

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk