[asterisk-dev] Outbound Call Implementation

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:10:19 CDT 2011

Hello Tilghman,

Thank you so much for your response. I agree that an infinite thread
would add to the fingerprint, and may be undesirable
for those that don't care for such functionality. Another approach is
to develop a database hook that fires after a record is inserted? But
before that, when you mention that realtime uses an outside request to
know when to query the database, I assume this is a hook of some sort?
And can the same idea be applied to call initiation? It would be nice
to keep the realtime
module consistent even with call origination.

Cheers,

Nick.