[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8.7.0-rc2 Now Available

Asterisk Development Team asteriskteam at digium.com
Tue Sep 20 09:49:01 CDT 2011

The Asterisk Development Team announces the second release candidate of
Asterisk 1.8.7.0. This release candidate is available for immediate
download at
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/

The release of Asterisk 1.8.7.0-rc2 resolves several issues reported by the
community and would have not been possible without your participation.
Thank you!

Please note that a significant numbers of changes and fixes have gone into
features.c in this release (call parking, built-in transfers, call
pickup, etc.)
and a testing focus on those particular areas would be appreciated.

NOTE:

Recently, we were notified that the mechanism included in our Asterisk
source
code releases to download and build support for the iLBC codec had stopped
working correctly; a little investigation revealed that this occurred
because of
some changes on the ilbcfreeware.org website. These changes occurred as
result
of Google's acquisition of GIPS, who produced (and provided licenses
for) the
iLBC codec.

If you are a user of Asterisk and iLBC together, and you've already
executed a
license agreement with GIPS, we believe you can continue using iLBC with
Asterisk. If you are a user of Asterisk and iLBC together, but you had not
executed a license agreement with GIPS, we encourage you to research the
situation and consult with your own legal representatives to determine what
actions you may want to take (or avoid taking).

More information is available on the Asterisk blog:

http://blogs.asterisk.org/2011/09/19/ilbc-support-in-asterisk-after-googles-acquisition-of-gips/

The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release candidate:

  * Fix the missing DAHDI channels when using the newer chan_dahdi.conf
sections
    for channel configuration.
    (Closes issue ASTERISK-18496. Reported by Sean Darcy. Patched by Richard
     Mudgett)

  * Remove unnecessary libpri dependency checks in the configure script.
    (Closes issue ASTERISK-18535. Reported by Michael Keuter. Patched by
Richard
     Mudgett)

  * Update get_ilbc_source.sh script to work again.
    (Closes issue ASTERISK-18412)

    More information at:

http://blogs.asterisk.org/2011/09/19/ilbc-support-in-asterisk-after-googles-acquisition-of-gips/

For a full list of changes in this release candidate, please see the
ChangeLog:

http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/ChangeLog-1.8.7.0-rc2

Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!