[asterisk-dev] How to pass a parameter to the DAHDI kernel driver ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Wed Sep 14 02:02:00 CDT 2011

Hi!
  I'm writing a customization for the DAHDI driver - a possibility to transmit
periodical charging pulses to the line for incoming calls.
  I've done most of changes on the driver level (dahdi-base.c and corresponding
include files) and the pulses are now happily being transmitted in the answered
state of the channel, but with a hardcoded pace (3 secs for now).
  I've also done a high-level (dialplan) part - according to the called number
analysis, a variable is available in the time of the answer signal coming to the
caller, containing the required charging pulses timing.
  What I need to do to finish my work, is to pass the contents of the variable
to the driver during signalling the answer. Any suggestions, how to pass a
numeric parameter to the driver during the signalling process ?

  With regards,