[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8.7.0-rc1 Now Available

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:19:46 CDT 2011

On 09/08/2011 10:02 AM, Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> The Asterisk Development Team announces the first release candidate of
> Asterisk 1.8.7.0. This release candidate is available for immediate
> download at
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/
>
> The release of Asterisk 1.8.7.0-rc1 resolves several issues reported by the
> community and would have not been possible without your participation.
> Thank you!
>
> Please note that a significant numbers of changes and fixes have gone into
> features.c in this release (call parking, built-in transfers, call
> pickup, etc.)
> and a testing focus on those particular areas would be appreciated.
>
> Also, a known issue with the iLBC installation script get_ilbc_source.sh
> found
> in the contrib/scripts/ sub-directory will be resolved prior to the full
> release
> of Asterisk 1.8.7.0.
>
> The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release candidate:
>
> * Added the 'storesipcause' option to sip.conf to allow the user to
> disable the
> setting of HASH(SIP_CAUSE,<chan name>) on the channel. Having chan_sip set
> HASH(SIP_CAUSE,<chan name>) on the channel carries a significant
> performance
> penalty because of the usage of the MASTER_CHANNEL() dialplan function.
>
> We've decided to disable this feature by default in future 1.8 versions.
> This
> would be an unexpected behavior change for anyone depending on that
> SIP_CAUSE
> update in their dialplan. Please refer to the asterisk-dev mailing list
> more
> information:
>
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2011-August/050626.html
>
> * Significant fixes and improvements to parking lots.
> (Closes issues ASTERISK-17183, ASTERISK-17870, ASTERISK-17430,
> ASTERISK-17452,
> ASTERISK-17452, ASTERISK-15792. Reported by: David Cabrejos, Remi Quezada,
> Philippe Lindheimer, David Woolley, Mat Murdock. Patched by: rmudgett)
>
> * Numerous issues have been reported for deadlocks that are caused by a
> blocking
> read in res_timing_timerfd on a file descriptor that will never be
> written to.
> A change to Asterisk adds some checks to make sure that the timerfd is both
> valid and armed before calling read(). Should fix: ASTERISK-18142,
> ASTERISK-18197, ASTERISK-18166 and possibly others.
>
> (In essence, this change should make res_timing_timerfd usable.)
>
> * Resolve segfault when publishing device states via XMPP and not
> connected.
> (Closes issue ASTERISK-18078. Reported, patched by: Michael L. Young.
> Tested
> by Jonathan Rose)
>
> * Refresh peer address if DNS unavailable at peer creation.
> (Closes issue ASTERISK-18000)

> [...]

Seems to break dahdi.

dahdi_cfg -vv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.3.0

DAHDI Version: 2.5.0
Echo Canceller(s): HWEC, OSLEC
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: oslec) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: oslec) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: oslec) (Slaves: 04)

3 channels to configure.

Setting echocan for channel 1 to oslec
Setting echocan for channel 2 to oslec
Setting echocan for channel 4 to oslec

dahdi restart
  Destroying channels and reloading DAHDI configuration.
     -- Unregistered channel -2
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf':   == Found

BUT,

dahdi show channels
    Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
Blocked    State
  pseudo            default                    default
        In Service

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18496

Works under 1.8.6.0.

sean