[asterisk-dev] uncached realtime sip friends cannot set transport-protocol in sipregs

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Sep 8 04:29:16 CDT 2011

8 sep 2011 kl. 11:17 skrev Walter Doekes:

> (3) Fix that fullcontact gets stored always:
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18446
> But I will take the preferred transport from the new column, not by parsing the fullcontact.

I think that may be another can of worms. If one registers a SIPS: uri, there are very specific rules on how to handle that.

I haven't got a solution here, but unless we're implementing SIP Outbound, we have to be careful. If I use UDP to register a contact with transport=tcp in it, I want Asterisk to use TCP to contact me, regardless of the transport I used. A specific transport in the contact, as indicated by the URI scheme or a transport= URI parameter has top priority. If there are no parameters and no domain name in the URI, we should guess that the last transport used is propably the one that is the best guess.

Now, if the Contact URI contains a domain name, we need to check naptr/srv records.

/O