[asterisk-dev] Setvar= for manager accounts

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Oct 31 10:42:24 CDT 2011

https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1412/

This code adds a setvar= for a manager account, much like a setvar= for a SIP peer.

For every call that the manager account creates with originate or redirect, the channel variables will be set.

Tilghman has noted some issues with this in the review and I fail to understand these issues, so I move the discussion to asterisk-dev which is a better discussion platform than reviewboard.

From my point of view, this is just like any device with setvar= that creates calls. As an Asterisk manager, I might need some variables for each and every call started by the manager account - like a windows pop up client. In my deployments, this has been missing - much like context limitation, which is another review.

What do you think?

/O