[asterisk-dev] simple register doesn't work using 1.8.7.1 on armv5tel

Walter Doekes walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl
Wed Oct 26 11:19:45 CDT 2011

> works on one machine (x86) but not on another (arm).

> Someone mentioned some stuff about alignment, how can I further debug
> the issue or can I help you guys out to pinpoint the problem ?

Mmm.. alignment issues.

If you're thinking the auth calculation fails, start by adding some
ast_log() here and there.

My suggestion would be to put some in utils.c first, in ast_md5_hash()
(*). Print input and output and compare it to md5sum(1). If the md5 util
is absolved, add some in the chan_sip auth handling and try to pinpoint
why the results are off.

Regards,
Walter

(* Specifically: I don't like the ctx->in being cast to a larger
datatype in MD5Update.)