[asterisk-dev] SIP, NAT, security concerns, oh my!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Oct 22 03:10:58 CDT 2011

Without spending too much thinking power on this, but just adding to the solution mix:

We could have one behaviour before auth and another after auth.

Meaning that we ALWAYS do it one way - maybe following the general section, before auth. After successful authentication we follow the device setting. Before auth we have no media issues that need NAT support.

This means that devices without a secret (no auth) will be an issue.

I've seen this behaviour in 1.4 and reported it a long time ago, but never had time to go through all the details and run tests with newer versions. Thanks for spending time on it and trying to solve it.

/O